Welcome to Tax Card Online 2013
You can request and print out a revised tax card for your wages, salary, any sideline income, social benefits or your seafarer's wages. If you opt to receive your new tax card in a letter by post, allow ≈4 to 5 working days for delivery.
You can print out your new tax card yourself. This requires that it is the type of tax card that an employee of the Finnish Tax Administration will not have to check manually. The Tax Card Online website creates a pdf file that you can save and print out with your computer and printer.
Sign In: This is how we recognize you
Tax Card Online allows you to see some of the contents of the database where all information is confidential. This information only concerns you and no-one else. Therefore, you have to sign in through a strong authentication process. You can use your network banking User ID and Password, or a HST card issued by the Population Register Centre.
You need a revised tax card if:
- Your actual income will be above the income ceiling shown on your existing tax card.
- Your actual income will decrease significantly, for reasons including unemployment, maternity leave, paternity leave and temporary leave due to a job-rotation contract.
- Your tax-deductible costs are significantly changed. This may happen if you start having high daily travel costs or if you buy a home and start paying higher interest on a home loan.
What information do you need for the revised tax card?
Before completing your request you must have the following information ready:
- Your projected income for the entire calendar year.
- Your actual income since January 1st.
- Amounts withheld since January 1st.
- Any tax-deductible costs that you might have
Please allow enough time for Tax Card Online to process your request! Your employer may need to have your tax card two weeks in advance of your next payday. If you do not print it out yourself it will be sent via the postal service, the delivery time being ~4 to 5 working days.
Please note that in many situations you will not need a revised tax card at all. Instead, you can simply ask your employer to start withholding more tax than has been withheld so far.
During your session:
You are expected to report realistic estimates, facts and information that display your annual gross income and tax deductions.
The estimates, facts and information affect your withholding, and the end result of your tax assessment for the current year.
The Finnish Tax Administration database will save the estimates, facts and information after your session.